Fall, Harvest and Cool weather.

When the weather changes be it the cold to warm or hot to cool I love it. I have to admit though the cool weather change is one of my favorite times of the year. It makes me feel like getting ready for the Holidays and we all know that is my favorite time of the year. Ideas abound in my mind. Holiday cards, gifts, ornaments; parties favors, what will I create?

Truth be told when I was a child and I made gifts to give the reaction of the recipient was always the best part. One I think because during the time it took to make it I would be thinking about the person and two because as I made it all my good intentions went into it. Of course, I felt so proud of myself and good inside when it was well received.

Now-a-days I think our generation has forgotten about how special a homemade gift was to get and to give. I bet that some people would even be surprised at such a thing. I imagine our germ-a-phobics when they received a home made jam or fresh baked bread. Would they eat it or throw it out? With all of the preservatives and chemicals they put into items now I'd prefer a homemade item wouldn't you?

Comments

Popular Posts