post every day in August day 1

So I got to spend the day with my oldest son. I love when we get to spend time together. We went to the movies had lunch, talked about some things. I always feel like I am the luckiest mother alive when I am with my boys. I want them to be happy and what ever they want I want them to have. Of course they aren't 5 years old anymore. That's ok I still wish for them everything that will bring them joy. Not just happiness, JOY. It doesn't matter if it's one or both children, I love having them in my life. I don't know how my mother could have left me. Perhaps, it is because I was a girl. Maybe it's different if you have girl children. That is always going to be my question because I wouldn't ever want to be without my boys. Anyway, today's lesson is mostly about how I haven't gotten past some issues with men. Not my children. Men. After a fun evening with my son and husband at dinner. We started to discuss my sons next assignment for work. He travels for his work and wasn't quite sure where he would land on his next assignment. So he talked about staying at the house if he were to work in our town. Of course I would be alone otherwise. My answer is always yes, for my children. Husband jokingly said no. So the fun continued and he said he'd camp out on the property in his car. I chimed in with, "we'll build a tiny house for you." Husband, hates those things. Absolutely not he proclaims, those are ridiculous. Son says might as well get an RV instead. Side note; I have always wanted an RV to travel around in on vacations. Since I was a kid. Ok off topic I know. Inevitably I said my house, husband says OUR house. I smiled and looked at him put my are around and said my house and before I could say you'll be in another state while I'm there, he looks at me and says, "I pay the mortgage." It always comes down to that doesn't it? Doesn't matter that I did have a house once. Or that I worked just as hard. No. Not push comes to shove it always winds up being about who is paying the bills in the end. Can't say I like the idea of having to go back to work to be able to keep my self independent. It's always like this in the end. Who has the bigger paycheck is in charge. I hate that when someone says I pay the bills. It negates everything you do. Yes, I work and I am saving my money because I won't have a job when I move back home. It will take some time before I can establish a position. Of course initially I was going to attempt to do something more along the lines of helping a rescue organization. But my ego is making me think I need to get a job so I don't have to accept this "I pay the bills dictatorship". When you are told, "it's ok, don't worry, you don't have to work", then they say later, "well, I pay the bills" it's a little bit confusing. Oh and I'm sure "It's a JOKE!" Sure it is In every joke there is a hint of truth.

Comments

Popular Posts